If you are a New Zealand based start-up, preferably from the Taranaki region, that’s a great start! If you are an existing business with high growth potential our members will consider providing capital to launch your business on its next phase of growth. Launch Taranaki members will consider business from most sectors.
There is no such thing as a best time to approach us but there will be an optimal time to raise funds. When you are ready to raise funds it is important that you meet our criteria, are investment ready and that you believe that external investment is right for your business.
What we look for
- You are looking to raise between $50,000 and $1,000,000 of funds.
- You are New Zealand based.
- You have a clearly defined Product or Service which is of good sustainable quality and has competitive advantage (preferably with IP).
- There is strong market demand for your Product or Service, i.e. it genuinely solves a problem.
- You have a team of key people involved who have the necessary skills, knowledge, experience, integrity, energy, commitment and motivation for the investment to be successful.
- Have a business plan that shows a clear path to returning at least 3-5 times the invested capital within 3-5 years.
- Capable and driven founders who understand the value of experienced investors who can provide good governance support.
The following is a typical application process once your application has been received.
- Initial Meeting:
One of our team will contact you. We will discuss what stage you are at with your business or product, potential growth opportunity, our criteria, funding requirements and what exit strategy you have in mind. With this information it will help us to identify whether your venture is investment ready and how Launch Taranaki can best add value.
- Screening Interview:
Selected applicants will be invited to meet with our screening committee. This committee will assess your application and decide if you will have the opportunity to present at a Launch Taranaki Investment meeting which are held every second month.
- Launch Taranaki Pitch:
Selected applicants are provided the opportunity to give a 10-minute pitch (Power Point or other) followed by a Q & A session with Launch Taranaki members. Members will get together at the end of this meeting to indicate their interest.
- Follow Up Meeting:
If there is sufficient interest, a follow up meeting will be arranged between the applicant and interested investors. This will be structured in a fashion that allows investors to establish a better understanding of the opportunity.
- Due Diligence:
Before committing to invest, we will undertake due diligence on your business. This is likely to cover legal, commercial and technical aspects.
- Investment Term Negotiations:
This may either take place during due diligence or once it has been completed.
Our fees: There are no fees associated with the application, pitch or guidance. However if successful with raising funds then a percentage of capital raised may be charged by Launch Taranaki as a transaction fee to cover administration costs. We will advise you of any fees as part of the negotiation process.